FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do Kiarina Self Tanning products actually work?
- How do different types of Self Tanning Products work?
- How should I prepare my skin before using Kiarina Tanning Products?
- How should I apply Kiarina Tanning Products?
- How can I remove tan?
- Are Kiarina products tested on animals?
- Are Kiarina products suitable for Vegans?
How do Kiarina Self Tanning products actually work?
- The main active ingredient in self tanning products is Dihydroxyacetone, or DHA as it is more commonly known. Naturally derived from sugar cane, it creates colour when it comes in contact with the amino acids that are naturally present in your skin’s surface cells.
- When it meets your skin, a natural reaction takes place – melanoids are created that stain the colour of your skin to a darker shade.
- Your skin is constantly regenerating new skin cells and shedding old cells so you need to regularly reapply your Kiarina tanning product to maintain your tanned look.
How do different types of Self Tanning Products work?
Kiarina have developed a full range of self tanning products including lotions, mousse and sprays. You can have instant, clear, with or without instant bronzer and you can choose which is perfect for your skin type and the depth of tan required. Instant tans wash off, gradual tans can be used very day and express tans have revolutionised the way we tan. Everyone has their favourite.
Lotions are usually more hydrating for dry skin and mousse is faster drying. They all contain natural and organic ingredients. Most contain an instant bronzer/colour guide which washes off after you have allowed the tan to develop.
The products contain a gorgeous light Passion Fruit fragrance which is still there after showering so any fake tan odour can be eliminated. All of the products are best applied by using the Kiarina tanning mitt
How should I prepare my skin before using Kiarina Tanning Products?
The most important step in applying self-tanner is preparing the skin properly. Do any waxing or hair removal 24 hours before applying the tan.
You must exfoliate thoroughly before applying the product. This will remove any build up of old skin cells and leave skin smooth. Pay special attention to rough areas like elbows and knees.
Take a shower with warm water — neither too cold nor too hot — and clean your skin using plain soap (rather than moisturising body wash) to rinse away any sloughed-off skin.
Before applying your self-tanner, dry off completely. Too much moisture causes tanning product to slide right off the skin. Don’t apply moisturising lotion all over. Apply a small amounts on your knees and elbows — the dry areas where tanner generally absorbs too much.
How should I apply Kiarina Tanning Products?
- Apply some barrier cream to your eyebrows and hairline before you begin. This will protect them from absorbing any tanning product. Put on the tanning mitt. Ensure the mitt is dry before use so that it does not absorb too much product.
- Apply a small amount of self tanning product and stroke onto skin in smooth upward strokes.Wash hands after use. Allow to dry as per instructions on product label.
- Moisturise frequently using Kiarina Tan Extender to ensure tan lasts longer.
How can I remove tan?
Kiarina Self Tan Eraser is has been specially formulated to quickly remove self tan, cleanse, protect, prime and prepare your skin for your next self tanning session.
- Leaves skin feeling soft smooth and clean.
- Works best when used on tan that has been on for 3-4 days
- Removes old tan easily
- Prevents unsightly tan build up
- Prepares skin for next self tan application
Are Kiarina products tested on animals?
No. Kiarina Beauty Limited does not endorse or initiate animal tests on ingredients or finished products either directly or indirectly. All ingredients used are carefully monitored.
Kiarina is against the suffering endured by animals when ingredients and products are tested. We support organisations developing alternative methods of test which satisfy the legal requirements, without using animals.
Are Kiarina products professionally tested?
All Kiarina products have been manufactured to International Quality Standard ISO 9001: 2015 and are tested in accordance with EU Cosmetic Safety Regulation
Are Kiarina products suitable for Vegans?
Kiarina Beauty has carried out a review of the suppliers and ingredients we use in the products we manufacture and supply to our customers. This review has confirmed that no animal testing has been carried out and no animal derived ingredients have been used. Based on our understanding of the ethics and principles held by Vegans we would say that the products are suitable for use by them.