The purpose of this policy is to provide you with information about the following:
- What information we collect from you and why;
- How we use the information; and
- How you can access and manage your information.
Support compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, but not limited to General Data Protection Regulation (REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016) and the Directive on privacy and electronic communications (Directive 2002/58/EC) and the E-Privacy regulation when implemented; and ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of individuals is protected as required by relevant legislation, regulations and if applicable contractual clauses.
We are committed to protecting and preserving your information, being transparent about what data we hold and how we use it.
WHO ARE WE
Kiarina Limited. For the purposes of data protection, Kiarina Limited is the ‘controller’ of the information you provide to us. Our head office is located at 63 Merrylees Road, Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 9AT
All personal and sensitive personal data processing across Kiarina Limited will be conducted in a manner that is compliant with the GDPR. Taking into account the following principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency;
- Purpose limitation;
- Data minimisation;
- Storage limitation;
- Integrity and confidentiality;
- Rights of individuals (including but not limited to the right to be informed, access, erasure, rectification, portability, restriction, objection and rights relating to automated decision making);
Information we collect
Information you give us
When you place an order with us we will need certain information to process your order. This may be information such as your name, business name, address, email, phone number and business status. We may also ask for information to ensure we recommend the right products to you, to suit you and/or your clients. Information collected is via the following methods: Training courses, website live chat, enquiry forms at shows and networking and PR events, social media, feedback forms, reviews, competitions and when placing an order with us.
Information we automatically collect
When engaging in conversation using our website live chat feature your personal data and information will be stored and held by us and live chat.
How do we use your personal data
The information we hold on you helps us to better understand what you need from us and to improve the service and products we provide.
We use the information collected to:
- Keep you updated on new products or launches
- Reminders of products/services we provide
- To recommend products you might be interested in
- To gather feedback on current or new product development
- Ask for testimonials or case studies
- Communicate PR opportunities or events
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have right to restrict the processing
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Kiarina Limited refuses your request under the rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for Kiarina Limited to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the unsubscribe button on any email you receive from us.
Kiarina Limited will not pass on your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
Personal information is held on file for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. If you have any questions relating to our retention or destruction of your data, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact Us section.
We do not store credit card details
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Kiarina Limited or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office and Kiarina Limited’s data protection representatives. The details for each of these contacts are:
Kiarina Limited – David Welby – OR through any method outlined in our contact us section on our website.
Information Commissioners Office – visit their website or contact them at 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions or concerns with how Kiarina Limited process your personal information please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com – If you are unhappy with how we are processing your personal information you have the right to refer the complaint to the regulator, the Information Commissioners Office. You can do this by visiting their website or contacting them at 0303 123 1113.